Saturday, June 13, 2009

10 years ago

10 years ago

1. I was in 6th Standard

2. i sucked at math( i still do )

3. i had a huge crush on one ,,well two girls in my class.

4. I went to Cricket Coaching

5. I wanted to be a Doctor

6. I had seen 2-3 English Movies

7. I Couldnt Ride a Bicycle...Learnt after 3 months

8. I didnt have a Sibling

9. My Vacs would be Spent in Mumbai and Surat ---Its Ulta now, For Vacs i come down to Baroda.

10. I was a Part of an "Invention Group"...
Still Vividly Recall Those Days....Me,Divya,Priyesh, Ishaan, Dwij, Sagar ( Secret Meetings and all stuff, Password, all Inspired from Secret Seven i Guess !!)

11. I had Etched my name on a Tree...Opposite My Class in 5th-c .
That we used to call a "TREE"

12. I used to Write with Ink-Pen ( Provided by School.)

13. I Hated the Number 13( was superstitious)

14.

English teacher/ SS teacher- Bakshi sir ( He had Told Us To Do Two things:
a) Buy Two Story Books on Every birthday . So by 20 years u'll have Your Own Library ..
10 Years Have Passed and I have Hardly Read 10 Books...So Gotta Catch Up

Eventually Poornima Madam Replaced Him- She was a Perfect teacher. Very Devoted to her Job

b) Plant 1 tree every year .Didnt Get a Chance, But Did Plant Two Mango Trees which have grown Big and Yeah bear Fruits also.

Hindi teacher- Mayur sir ---Well, he would Make Us Laugh a Lot.

Science teacher- Shivani madam-- Class teacher.
She Actually Made The Transition Easy from 5th (junior section) to 6th (senior section) --Wonderful Teacher

Maths teacher- Tejashri Madam- I Was Afraid of Her ...ha ha

Computer Teacher- Chaturvedi Sir...Cant Believe used to work on Windows 95 then.

15. I had never been Online....Didnt have an Email id , Didnt have a Cellfone ( though of Internet as a Machine .....ha ha )

16. Used to Play Cricket All Day in Vacs.
3 shifts actually ( Ws good at Batting .Thought Myself As the Next Tendulkar in Waiting)

Early Morning 8-10
After Lunch
and Evenings(Coaching)

17. Played My first Cricket Match on Season ball ( It was 6th -C v/s 6th -B )
Venue: Akota Stadium

The Equation Still Remains in our Favour .We have won 37 and they 32( Correct me if I am wrong)

18. Had Watched Each and Every Match at WC-1999. and loved to see India thrash Pakistan

1999 also reminds me of Anil Kumble's 10 wkt Haul against Pakistan.

19. Took Part in a Inter House Drama- The Sheriff's Kitchen (Based on Robinhood- My role Was That of a Guard--Abhishek Shah was With me In This Drama) I felt i had Done a Great Job....Acting Hmmmm..

So This Is What Happened To Me 10 Years Ago. Let Me See If After Another 10 Years I Can Write Sumthing Once Again.


9 comments:

YSR said...

Nice one dude was a fun read!

Pulkit K. said...

Surprising how you remember all the details. 10 years back, I barely remember my teachers. My maths teacher was a loving, yet intimidating woman - we used to fear her the same way every child would fear in the presence of Michael Jackson.

Perhaps you maintained a diary?

Unknown said...

thanks...good that you read this,,

Yogesh --- Born for BAPS said...

hey para nice 1 that u remembered ur school life.....

Unknown said...

hey there pari.....just read the poem....enjoyed it more than i wud hav enjoyed the song instead.hehe :)
also read the thin 10 yrs ago....amazin tht u remember all of this....i knew all of it....its just that it needed some remembrance of sorts.... :D
great posts......keep'em comin.... :)

Unknown said...

@ pulkit
yeah i do have a diary ,,,,a mental one.

@ yudi, yogesh -- thanks a lot

@ ishaan -- i knew u and others would recall this.

Karna said...

heyy.. pari pandya.....
it was awesome.. even though i wasnt wid u all 10 years ago but can easily relate to all d thngs.. except for d teachers waala part :)
n why hav to left all ur scandals....
write one abt them ;)

Unknown said...

@ Karna -- well, i have already scribbled down my scandals and disasters.let me not miss out on anyone of those. surely want to include that also..

Dorm Bedding said...

I'm with ya on the books - REALLY need to catch up :)

Locations of Site Visitors